Crackle of Death
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Crackle of Death.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Film, Print, Cards & Games Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
|Crackle of Death|
Carol Ann Susi
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||92 minutes|
|Original release||Template:Film date|
It combined the Kolchak: The Night Stalker episodes "Firefall" and "The Energy Eater" with additional narration by Darren McGavin as Kolchak. It also contains new dialogue by McGavin, Oakland and Grinnage, as well as new "scenes", such as a newspaper on a desk and the image of the Doppelganger being inserted into old footage (for example, when Kolchak looks at the sky, he sees the Doppelganger's giant face). The new material was put together in late March of 1976.
All four episodes comprising these films were subsequently withdrawn from the original television syndication package. They were not made available in their entirety again until a Columbia House VHS video release in the 1990s. The TV-edited films have never been released on home video.
- List of Kolchak: The Night Stalker episodes
- The Night Stalker (1st movie) The original vampire story.
- The Night Strangler (2nd movie) A mad scientist achieves immortality through murderous means.
- The Night Killers (3rd unproduced movie) Aliens replace prominent citizens with androids in Hawaii.
- "Crackle of Death". The New York Times.