|Main Directors||Bryan Singer|
Mockingbird Lane is an upcoming remake of the 1960s sitcom The Munsters in development for NBC. It's being written and executive produced by Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller as a one-hour drama with "spectacular visuals". The show's pilot is scheduled to air in 2013 on NBC after being rescheduled many times, and decidedly was almost cancelled entirely, but the pilot episode aired as a Halloween special on October 26, 2012 with the possibility of being made into a series if it did well in the ratings. "The Munsters actually do what monsters do. They eat people and they have to live with the ramifications of being monstrous. It's like grounding it in a reality because the half-hour was a sitcom, we saw the monsters: they were monsters on the outside and weren't monsters on the inside. For us, they're monsters outside and inside, and we get to double our story. Everything is a metaphor for something that you can identify with in a relationship. The fact that Herman is in a constant state of decay and he's married to someone who doesn't age. We get to play with all those insecurities. The fact that he was made by his father-in-law and then has to live up to those standards; he's always trying to find his own identity.Once Upon a Time' has fairy tales," he says, "We have universal monsters, which for me are the fairy tales of my youth. That's where I grew up, loving The Munsters, The Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, the Metaluna monster from 'Silent Earth' and the Mole People. I would love to rope in all of those characters from those stories, as well as get the Cat People and get those types of things.- Bryan Fuller
- Jerry O'Connell as Herman Munster
- Portia de Rossi as Lily Munster
- Eddie Izzard as Grandpa (Sam Dracula)
- Charity Wakefield as Marilyn Munster
- Mason Cook as Eddie Munster
- Beth Grant as Maryanne, the paraplegic, busybody neighbor who takes a very keen interest in the strange new family next door.
- Cheyenne Jackson as Scout Master Steve, a widower and leader of Eddie's scout troop who becomes smitten with Lily.
- NBC confirmed the pilot in November 2011 and announced in January 2012 that it would be called Mockingbird Lane, a reference to the Munster family address at 1313 Mockingbird Lane
- The new show will explore the origins of the Munster family and will be darker and edgier than the original while retaining plenty of humor.
- It is reported that the costumes and make-up for the characters will be heavily toned down to resemble humans.
- On June 5, 2012, it was announced that Mariana Klaveno wa cast to play Lily, but on June 12, it was announced that Portia de Rossi would play the role.
- As of now Mockingbird Lane has been cancelled, but the filmed pilot has been aired as a Halloween special on NBC on the weekend before Halloween in 2012.
Tumblr m5snjjFvfi1r5lqono3 1280.jpeg
Eddie Izzard will play Grandpa
Portia de Rossi will play Lily
Mason Cook will play Eddie
Mockingbird Lane concept art.png
Eddie d marilyn.jpeg
- IMDb page
- mockingbird lane official site